Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Hero Lies in You

To say we had a battle on our hands was an understatement. For days now, almost a week to be exact, Katie has had a homework assignment that was seemingly simple... who is your hero and why. All she had to do was to list the reason why in a sentence and list 3 heroic qualities of that person. She kept procrastinating and procrastinating bring us to this afternoon... and the battle ensued. We had what amounted to an hour stand off. She decided to choose us parents as her hero, HOWEVER, what should have been a completely joyous occasion for us quickly deflated when her 3 qualities stated "1)Nice, 2)Nice, 3) Nice". HUH?!? I sent her back to the drawing board, where she came up with some reasons.

This battle made me think, "Who would I choose to be MY earthly hero?" As I thought, it became extremely clear to me that my earthly hero would have to be my dear husband. He is a very thoughtful and loving man, with a passion for Christ, who works hard long hours for our family, and yet will still come home to play with the kids and help around the house. He has given me the gift and privilege of being able to stay at home to raise our family, even if it means he has to work hard. I do not take that privilege lightly, and strive to make his life easier, in whatever way I can. His travel schedule gets him down, he misses his family desperately, and just longs to be home with us, his family... Thank you so much!

Chip, you are my hero!

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5:33

No comments:

Post a Comment