Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Friendship Mystery

Today was such a great family day. It started as any other weekend day might... the girls watching Busy Town Mysteries, The Doodle-Bops etc... Mom gets her coffee and catches up on Facebook while dad goes for a nice run. Nothing out of the ordinary... I did however make a conscious effort to play dominoes with my little girls when they asked. I am in the process of learning not so say "not right now... later..." but when does later actually come? Hardly ever... I don't want to be the mom of broken promises so I must learn to play, and who knows have fun as well:-)

This evening I had the privilege of spending time with some of the most dear ladies. My friends. I love how when we get together we can share moments of laughter, and serious traumas in our lives.... and everything in between. We share alternate uses for diapers and grief and fairy advice. This group of women are unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life and I fully know they have my back. One chance meeting in a coffee shop about a year ago and a bond made for eternity, a mystery that continues to baffle me... You see, I tend to have self-worth issue... will I be good enough for my friends? Do they think of me as invisible when I am not around? Do they even think of me at all? These friends break all preconceived notions I have had about friend groups. From the moment I have met them at that chance meeting, I have felt complete love and acceptance and God's countenance completely shines through them, something I am truly grateful for.

The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Proverbs 12:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment